Tuesday, April 7, 2009

04.07.09

today was my first day of high school.

since i had a hard time getting to sleep last night, i prepped everything the day before. i set out my new school uniform and packed my lunch, and made sure everything was in my backpack. so when i woke up, i didn't have much to do except for get dressed and groom a little, and i followed yukari to the monorail that we're supposed to take to school.

she was with the two transfer students. i heard last minute from mitsuru that they were going to move in, but i didn't know they would be coming so soon. they were friendly. there was a boy and a girl, and they acted like old friends. they took really well to yukari-chan. the boy is minato, and the girl is shokora. shokora seems friendly and outgoing... minato acts just the opposite. but i don't think he's mean.

when we got to the school, i didn't want to bother them, so i branched off on my own and tried to figure out the building for myself. i managed to find my classroom and i didn't have any problems from there. i didn't make any new friends in class, but that's not anything new. otherwise, i managed to do my work and got through the day. until lunch.

lunch was terrible. i remembered my locker number and my combination from earlier -- our teacher took us there so we could put our extra things in them close to the beginning of class -- but when i tried to open it, it refused to work. i tried about three or four times before i gave up and started crying in the middle of the school. i was terrified and frustrated... i couldn't get to my lunch without opening my locker, and it refused to open.

someone did stop and help me, though. i didn't know her at first. she was a senior, a girl named sadako. i told her my locker combination and she opened it on her first try. which figures... i must have been shaking too hard to open it or something.

i was really grateful that she stopped to help me. we ate lunch together that day, but it was quiet. i knew she was just helping me to be nice and i didn't have anyone else to eat lunch with, so she humored me, but that didn't mean we were going to be friends. either way, i'm happy she did. i don't know what i would have done if no one came to help me. probably would have gone back to class without eating.

school was normal after that. i got back on the monorail when class was over and got back to the dorm, and now i'm in my room. i survived! i had to get some help on the way, and i cried and broke down about something pretty stupid in hindsight, but i did it! i'm proud of myself.
not really, but oh well.

i'm just glad it's over. the first day is always the hardest. the dorm feels a little more friendly with the two new transfer students, too, even though i haven't made friends with them. yukari is always chatting and hanging out with them, and i guess it's just nice to hear someone talking.

i have school tomorrow, too. bleh. '-' it'll be easier. i can do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment