Friday, April 10, 2009

04.10.09

and here i thought school was going to be my biggest concern.

i managed through my third day without much to note. went to class. no crisis at lunch. finished my day. when i got back to the dorm, i played my GSP some, but since i didn't have any homework, i went to bed pretty early. slept for a while. a few hours. nothing strange.

then i wake up, and all hell has broken loose in the dorm. it's being attacked by a pack of shadows.

i ran out and mitsuru was going downstairs with yukari and the chairman. she told me to go suit up and get my evoker, so i did. i kept panicking. like, what do i do if the thing comes at me? do i just shoot myself in the head? it's not a real gun, right? there's no actual gun mechanisms? i don't have to turn the safety on or something? when i got everything together, i ran out downstairs and i see akihiko-senpai with this huge bloody splotch covering half of his ribcage.

i don't know what i was thinking there. i saw him hurt, and i saw everyone else panicking, and i thought... what if it comes in the dorm when we're not ready? what if it kills all of us when we're trapped here? i didn't want that to happen. if there was anything i could do to save their lives... i wanted to do it.

this thing, whatever it was, was outside attacking the dorm. so the only thing i could think to do was make myself bait. if the thing came after me, everyone else would have time to prepare or at least ambush it while it's focused on me. so i ran outside. was it dumb? a little bit.

i didn't get killed (so what if my sitting here writing this post already told you that? >_<) but one of the monsters kind of like the one i saw when i was first recruited started chasing me. i didn't have any clue what to do... i put the evoker up to my head, but i couldn't bring myself to shoot it. so i kept running. i tried doing really anything i could to make sure it didn't catch me, but i tripped on a trash can somewhere along the way.
what a shocker.

i couldn't run much longer because i was completely out of breath, but i still couldn't shoot the damn gun, so i... i didn't know what to do. it kept coming at me. but akihiko-senpai, even though he was wounded, must have chased us, because he showed up right then and saved me.
...wow, i didn't realize how corny that sounded until just now.
it sounds like something out of a movie. '-';

but he saved me. mitsuru came up just after that and started to yell at us both... i understand why she yelled at me, but why akihiko? he saved my life. he didn't do anything wrong.
okay, well, i think he brought the shadows to the dorm in the first place, but...

i didn't know what to think after that. we all got back to the dorm, but only a few of the shadows had followed me. this huge shadow had gone after yukari, who was trying to keep minato and shokora safe. i'm not kidding when i say it was huge; all the ones i had seen before were tiny compared to this thing, arms and blades everywhere...
mitsuru told me to come with her to help them, because yukari had been incapacitated and the rest of them were defenseless.

by the time we got there, though, it was dead. when yukari lost her evoker, minato got it instead and evoked... his persona had been powerful enough to kill that giant shadow, but he passed out afterwards. mitsuru didn't seem very worried about it, so we all assumed that it was maybe a brief repercussion to summoning for the first time. she healed everyone with her persona's magic, and everyone reassembled in the dorm... akihiko was taken to the hospital, and so was minato, for good measure.

the rest of us went to bed, because we were exhausted. when i woke up i went to school as normal -- i didn't see anyone in the dorm on my way out, which i thought was weird, but i figured maybe they went ahead of me. when i got back, i realized that while akihiko-senpai was all right aside from a badly broken ribcage, minato still hadn't regained consciousness since he passed out.
that meant he was in a coma, and the doctors didn't have a clue why.

we're all in disarray. i never got to know minato, but thinking that he might not ever wake up from summoning his persona is horrible. and how do we know that won't happen to us when we summon? that doesn't usually happen, right? what makes him different?
shokora is so upset about it that i don't think she sleeps much anymore. she's always at the hospital. yukari is hurt, too... neither of the transfer students have been here for that long -- two or three days -- but i know she's become quick friends with them both. and it was her job to keep them safe that night. now that he's in a coma and no one has a clue when, or if, he'll wake up, i can only imagine how guilty she must feel...

i'm starting to second-guess all of this...

2 comments:

Yukari said...

Maemi-chan! Don't remind me! I still feel bad for that!

I felt really guilty, yeah. I... I just couldnt do anything at all, you know?

Maemi said...

it's okay. i think we were all really scared. 'n'

at least he's okay now, right? come to think of it, we still don't know why he passed out. that's weird...

i hope it doesn't happen again.

Post a Comment